New Zealand Parent Retired Resident Visa Category open for processing

After being put on hold for three years, New Zealand’s Parent Retired Resident Visa is open for business. This visa allows New Zealand residents to sponsor their retired parent to become a resident.

New Zealand has long been a popular destination for retirees thanks to its beautiful natural landscapes, pleasant climate, relaxed lifestyle and high quality of life. The country is ranked fourth in the world for its international reputation, is the second most peaceful nation on the planet, and the tenth safest country according to the World Economic Forum.

How does the Parent Retired Resident Visa work?

If you have at least one child who is a citizen or resident of New Zealand, you can apply to live in the country permanently. If you want to retire in New Zealand, you will need to have an annual income of NZ$60,000 and NZ$1 million to invest over four years. You will need to show that you have a further NZ$500,000 to live on. Once the four-year investment period is over, you will qualify for permanent residence.

Elderly couple - New Zealand lake and mountains

Apply now for your New Zealand Retired Parent Visa

The New Zealand government is now accepting applications for this visa category. If you have a child in New Zealand and fulfil the pre-requisites listed above, you can submit your application and make a permanent move.

Tri-Nations Migrations specialises in assisting South Africans with specialist immigration advice services to help those who are looking to move to Australia or New Zealand. Our systems and procedures assist you in collating the necessary supporting documentation to enable us to lodge a successful residence application in the shortest possible timeframe. If you believe that you have essential skills that New Zealand needs or if you have been thinking about emigrating for a while, then Tri-Nations Migrations is here to help. For any information on New Zealand’s Retired Parent visa and other ways to emigrate to New Zealand, visit our website or contact us today.