Immigration Licence

What you need to know

As a prospective migrant to New Zealand, you will be pleased to know that there’s now a law in place that requires all licensed Immigration Advisers to be licensed regardless of where they are based in the world. In fact, Immigration New Zealand policy does not permit immigration applications to be lodged by unlicensed immigration advisers, unless they are exempt.

If you and your family want to start a new life in New Zealand and need immigration advice, then you have the option of consulting a licensed New Zealand immigration adviser for a trusted, professional service, we also offer the same services for Australia for anyone who is interested in Australian immigration they can get expert advice from our Australian immigration adviser. We are pleased to advise that all consulting staff at Tri-Nations Migration are fully compliant with the New Zealand Immigration Advisers Act 2007.

Immigration Advisers Act 2007

The New Zealand Immigration Advisers Licensing Act ensures that the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) is responsible for overseeing the activities of all New Zealand licensed immigration advisers.

This law is in place to promote and protect the interests of people receiving immigration advice and to enhance the reputation of New Zealand as a migration destination. Although the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) is responsible for the regulation of the immigration advice industry, they don’t give immigration advice themselves.

TTMR Act 1997

The purpose of this policy sets out how the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997 (TTMR Act) allows licensed New Zealand immigration advisers to become Australian registered migration agents. The TTMR Act provides for the mutual recognition of equivalent registered occupations between Australia and New Zealand. This means that a NZ immigration adviser who is licensed by the New Zealand Immigration advisers Authority is eligible to apply automatically to become a registered migration agent with the Australian Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).

Having stated this, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) in Australia does not require Australian immigration agents based outside of Australia to be registered in order to be able to act on behalf of prospective Australian migrants.

Advising migrants since 1987 – Tri Nations Migration

For more information on on how to immigrate to New Zealand or Australia or even to apply for an Australian Visa or New Zealand Visa, contact us.