Yes, you do. Working Holiday Visas, e-visas and other label-less visas that have been issued electronically – without a label – are recorded against the passport number at the time of your application. If you then have a new passport issued, you must inform Immigration NZ, so that your records can be updated, and you can continue to use the label-less visa for your travel to and from New Zealand.

The process for label-less visa is generally the same as the process advised below, except you are not required to pay an application fee and instead of the application form, you can write a request letter stating your identity, contact details and outlining your visa transfer request.