Immigrating to Australia Or New Zealand? Here’s Your Moving Checklist!
When immigrating to Australia or New Zealand, it can seem like the to-do list is never-ending. Here’s a quick timeline-based checklist that can help you organise yourself and your family:
18 Months to Immigration
- Decide where you want to live: if you can’t visit the country at this time, do thorough research online,
- Research everything from the cost of living to what property and rental prices will be,
- Join expat groups online to gain insight and to gather information, and
- Find out what type of visa you will need to live and work in the country of your choice.
- 1 Year to Immigration
- Partner with an immigration company so that you can start the visa application process,
- Get all your personal documentation, certifications, licenses and other information up to date, and
- Make sure that you have at least 24 months left on your passport (and your family members’ passports) before it expires.
1 Month to Immigration
- Visit your children’s school, dentist and doctors for handover documents,
- Resign at your current place of employment,
- Cancel all your monthly subscriptions and debit orders,
- Ensure that all your utility bills and other accounts are up to date
- Confirm your flight details,
- If you are moving items to New Zealand or Australia, confirm the shipping details, and
- Confirm the arrival date of the moving company.
1 Week to Go
- Make sure you have said goodbye and that you are finalising all your farewell affairs,
- Exchange currencies for all the pit-stops en route to Australia or New Zealand.
- Confirm your pick up and drop off at the airport,
- Make sure everyone’s overnight bags are ready to go.
Immigrating to Australia or New Zealand is a big deal. Tri-Nations Migration can make the process much smoother by guiding you through the process and helping you with all the related administration. Contact us for more information today.
About Tri-Nations Migrations (Author)